Today we are sharing an interview with BlackEternal: symphonic black metal band from Henderson, Nevada being led by 'Nightmare' - the lead singer, songwriter and composer for the band. Along with guitarist 'BloodBath' they put together a fiece attack on your senses as well as your fears. Their upcoming album entitled "Encounters" is due for release on February 8th, 2019. Encounters is a story-based concept album that explores the realm of extraterrestiral life and abduction.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I grew up listening to heavy metal music, Bands like Iron Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, and as i got older the music began to get darker and harder and more obscure and underground. which is how i got into Black Metal. I always loved the music, and i had my own ideas of what i wanted to hear in music, but as a small boy i didn't have the means to purchase instruments to make music. One day i saved up enough money to buy a guitar, and thats how it all started.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- My inspiration for music comes from a few different places. Again, I've always had a love for heavy metal so i got alot of inspiration from the bands that i liked. Dark Funeral, Marduk, Old man's child, Cradle of Filth, Slayer, Kreator just to name a few.. but on top of that, i also grew up watching horror flicks. I'm a huge fan of horror movies. I was always fascinated by the darker subjects, the paranormal, ghosts, hauntings, Ufo's things like that.. so when i started making music it was very easy for me to write songs about those darker subjects.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- The concept for BlackEternal came to me at a young age, I believe i was about 15-16 years old when it came to me. Without aging myself, that was over 20 years ago. Haha! An interesting fact about BlackEternal is that all of our material, songs, albums etc are all concept-based. Meaning that the songs and lyrics are not random. Every album progressively tells a story from start to finish. They're all connected in some way, there is nothing random about the compositions, lyrics or music.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- Luckily, so far we've received some good feedback, good comments and good reviews on our music. which is a great thing, positive feedback can really motivate you to continue putting in the long hours in the studio to get better and better.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- This is a tough one. When i was younger BlackEternal did used to play shows. we were a full 4 - piece band. We played underground metal shows almost weekly which was alot of fun. But i was in my late teens then. Now, that im older, I'm married, i have a son and a full time job/career etc. So playing live shows doesn't seem very practical. These days i enjoy going into my home studio, writing and composing music in the peace of my own home.
6. What would you tell to your fans?