Today we are sharing an interview with Bradford Hoel: singer-songwriter and Pastor of Rock Family Fellowship Church. Recently he released his album Battlezone.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
– I have always loved music and tried writing songs even as a young man. None of those panned out but jumpstarted my music passion was my spiritual journey. I was not always a Christian: in fact, 30 years ago, when I was a teenager, I was an atheist and was into sex, drinking and the music scene. To make a long story short, a friend of my brother and I was in a car accident and expected to die. He was not a Christian but but his parents were, they came with their pastor and prayed for Kelly: not only did he live, but he was doing his hobby rock climbing in 6 weeks! The doctors were amazed and said it was an impossible miracle! Then he lent my brother and I a Bible (we had never read it). I still was very skeptical and was going to write a book about how the Bible was a fairy tale until did the research and found out there is more evidence for the Bible than the existence of the Greek scholars homer and Plato. That gave me a passion for study of the Bible and led me to Bible college, seminary and the ministry. Out of that my artist ability needed a outward expression thus came writing and music.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
– I have always enjoyed and was in awe of the message and artistry of Keith Green, Degararmo and Key, Petra and the Allies. Current songwriter/singers I admire are Carmen, Kuttless, 3rd day, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael w. Smith.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
– Yes: all my songs are rooted in scripture or Bible truth. Also the song Famine Emergcy was written in response to a special on television about starvation children in Africa and Praying about it! It also drove me to start Rock world missions a ministry to the Unreached people groups worldwide.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
– So far the response has been amazing: in fact, some big time writers and bloggers about music have raved about our debut album Battlezone! I am humbled and very grateful!
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
– I enjoy both! I love the process of songwriter and I love interacting with an audience young and old.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
– Well, I have already traveled for world missions but Europe would be cool!
7. How do you deal with haters?
– I allow them to vent and find out the real issue,I try to love them as Christ would!
8. What would you tell to your fans?
– That I love and am praying for all of them! I so appreciate their support,prayer and mail. I pray my music, books and ministry would help them grow more in love with Jesus!