Today we are sharing an interview with Celiane the Voice: among lots of auto-tuned vocalists, she is a breath of fresh air. She’s a versatile singer with a wide range of abilities – call her interests kaleidoscopic – in multiple styles of music. Her new single, “Why Can’t You,” perfectly represents what Celiane the Voice is all about.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
– I have been a singer since I was 5, but I began studying opera at 17 years old. I sang mainly in the church at first, then I developed this genre and this style much later to fit my style voice. I always wanted to sing pop and R&B but that was never really my voice. So I decided I wasn’t going to stop singing just because I am different. It has been a long process but worth it.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
– Daft Punk, Pharrell, Bobby McFerrin, Gorillaz, Tina Guo, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, and Herbie Hancock, Peter Gabriel
3. Our readers would like to know more about your song Why Can’t You. Any interesting facts?
– Why Can’t You is a piece for the ones that feel that love is lost but you know you must love yourself enough to move on. It was written 3 years ago at a time when I was trying to find out what love really was. I realized that love is all and love of self is the most important. I also realized that people don’t really know what love is. So I decided that this song would be a good start to help them find themselves through music.
4. What opinions have you recieved about the single?
– I have actually heard very good things so far. I have been told that they love the music and that it is unique. I have been told that it is a breath of fresh air. Others have said they have really felt the words and are just loving the feel and the contrast in music and how it works with the voice. They love the voice and the overall sound.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
– By far, I love performing. That is where I am most at home.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
– Where I want to visit is the UK, namely countries that love electronica and innovative music like Germany; I want to visit Japan, China, Ireland, Scotland, Russia, Sweden... I would actually prefer to concentrate abroad because my music is unique. I don’t belong in a box.
7. How do you deal with haters?
– My saying is even in love, you can whoop ass! The way I deal with haters is I don’t until I have to. Haters usually pop up for various reason but, if I don’t have haters, I am doing something wrong. They are not worth my energy, they just let me know I’m in the right track.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
– No matter how hard life gets, you are loved. Love the journey.