Today we are sharing an interview with Chand K Nova: multi-instrumentalist whose love for guitar driven music from an early age led to him getting his hands on a guitar and he has rarely put it down since.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
– I guess I got started because I became bored with playing other peoples songs. Being self taught, the bulk of my learning was from learning songs that I liked by musicians who I admired and are influences on me, but eventually I got the feeling that I wanted to create my own music. I started out by just recording instrumentals with a friend of mine at his house. We used to record songs and I would upload them to youtube, the feedback was good, even if it wasn't I wouldn't have stopped! but I just kept going and I still keep going, learning more and more, experimenting more and just pushing myself to be the best I can be.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
– Too many to mention, in terms of guitar playing, Joe Perry of Aerosmith made me want to pick up a guitar, after that I dived fully into rock and metal guitarists, so Slash, Kirik Hammet of Metallica,Mr Big,Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Instrumental guitarists like Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen and away from the rock/metal genre's artists like Prince, Soja, Matisyahu, Lenny Kravitz, there's so many more.
3. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
– I've received lots of opinions over the years, in the early days mostly negative! but these days it tends to be a lot more positive and favourable, If you really listen to my songs you can paint your own picture and let it take you where ever you want, that's the beauty of instrumental music, and my Motto is "Telling Stories That Have No Words"
4. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
– Songwriting for sure, the creative process is something that can't be matched. Taking an Idea and building on it is the best feeling, finding that riff, or the melody to compliment the chord structure, the Bass line, the drums, the keys, and then hearing it all back after knowing that it's something that I created, it's a feeling that's hard to put into words.
5. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
– I'd love to tour the world over really, Generally I love travelling, I don't know how my Tours would be structured though as when I visit a country I like to see as much as I can of it, learn about the culture, I'd probably do 1 Show a month!
6. How do you deal with haters?
– I embrace them, a lot of the time it's people who are not putting themselves out there like I am, or people who are not happy with their own lives, so it's good to embrace the hate, means I'm doing something right!. It takes a certain type of character to just keep doing what you love doing regardless of what people say, to keep on putting yourself out there after receiving negative feedback etc, I have a lot of respect for everyone out there who keeps pushing themselves, who keep putting in work and make time to perfect their craft and carry on doing what they love doing!
7. What would you tell to your fans?
– To check out my latest release the drifter, which can be streamed and downloaded anywhere you stream or down load music and is also on soundcloud
To keep updated with my music via social media,