Today we are sharing an interview with national recording artist Christine Storm, who has performed throughout the world, has been a prolific songwriter, and continues to tap into her wide range of life experiences for her music.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- It was the only job I could get one day. It is so true how God works in mysterious ways! I have no doubt he put me on this path. I needed a job, I was almost homeless. I answered an ad to sing that gave me money, food and a hotel room week to week. I then got hooked to being on the road and singing.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- My music inspirations change from week to week and they have such different effects. The Lumineers make me want to explore big drums. Heart makes me want to emote big time and Janis Joplin reminds me to stay in the moment and to not waste it.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- I never know what I’m going to write! It just comes to me. One minute I’m writing blues, the next a power pop ballad. I also mostly don’t write about me or my life. If a situation moves me, here comes a song. I’m the melody, lyric and hook writer and when I take it to a song writing partner, we decide together the style. Sometimes it stays where it originated other times it does a 180. I allow other artists to participate in my process. I share! Sometimes two or three minds are better than one and I love co-writing.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- I often hear “what a think piece!” I also get “great groove!”. If I can make someone move or think or do both, I’m thrilled!
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- They are equal! It’s quite the experience when an orchestra invaded your brain and you can’t write fast enough to keep up with what is coming to you. It’s also an amazing experience to connect with an audience: and that give and take of energy is just special!
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Most of them! I have done a lot of traveling abroad and love it! I’d love to get back to Greece, India, Europe: learning about other cultures can really inspire you not just as an artist but as a human being!
7. How do you deal with haters?
- What Haters? Lol! I don’t acknowledge them. I’m too busy doing life! I actually feel sorry for them though; I can’t imagine being that bored.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I appreciate them so much. There is no career without fans! https://www.amadarecords.com/store/cstorm