Today we are sharing an interview with Cult Canon: Sacramento raised M.C. born in Santa Clara. Currently working on new record "Stargazer" scheduled for
a very early 2019 release.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I've always written music. 7 years old, I was captivated by how powerful rhyming felt. fast forward, 2018 hits, and maybe it was a moment of clarity, but I realized I would never be happy doing anything but music. So, I stopped approaching the business end of the music like a musician, and more like a business head.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- I love Hoziers voice, amazing vocalist. I was very motivated by Eazy E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Jonathon Davis of Korn, Fort Minor a.k.a Mike Shinoda, Big Krizz Kaliko. Oh one big name that seriously motivated me this year to always wanna make my music better and better, was the young artist Xxxtentacion, beautiful musician, who made beautiful music. I will forever miss his creativity.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- I'm currently recording my new album Stargazer, this album was supposed to have a few big features on it, but none of those features happened due to a streak of misfortune, but the one name I will drop is the feature I paid for, but never got from Bone Thugs N Harmony member Layzie Bone. I paid Harmony Howse $1,500 for a verse, that ... I never got. I would say that's pretty interesting.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- As a up N coming artist, no matter who you are, you're going to see mixed reviews, But, lately, I've seen so much love from some really incredible individuals, crazy, how amazing these listeners are nowadays.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- Song writing no doubt, song writing is very intimate to me. It really is self therapy. Performing for me is more the regiment that comes with that therapy, that medicine that is song writing. I love performing, because that is part of my art form also, they both make me feel incredible. But song writing is medicinal.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- There is no country I wouldn't visit, I wanna see all these places and find something amazing about each one of them. I would love to go to Portugal, Japan, Mexico, any place that has my amazing fans I'll go. Just put me on a plane let's get it.
7. How do you deal with haters?
My music is very unique, it's going to have A LOT of people who don't wanna hear it. I need that, and I need them. For me, it's kind of Like the saying, you need the dark to appreciate the light.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I would love to tell each one of them how amazing they make me feel everytime I release a song and they support it. I think more importantly, no matter what any of them is going through, no matter the struggle, In my mind, I've never met more incredibly unique and amazing people than Any of the ones that have showen somebody like me, love. Thank you! Make sure you check out "Seeing Clout":