Today we are sharing an interview with Devon Nickoles. Wanting to continually find her voice and sound, she keeps writing, performing and taking every opportunity she can to further her music career.
1. When did you realize that you had a passion for music?
- I have always loved to sing. Ever since I could talk I sang. I graduated high school at 16yrs old to pursue this career. It just has always been apart of my life. I can’t remember a time I didn’t say “I want to be a singer when I grow up”.
2. Who are your main inspirations as an artist?
- Martina McBride/Carrie Underwood for their impeccable vocals and range. Taylor Swift for her showmanship, business savviness and ability to always be there for her fans. Maren Morris/Kacey Musgraves for their witty and catchy song writing! There is not a song from either of them that I don’t like.
3. What would you like to achieve as an artist?
- The ultimate goal to me is to be able to touch people with my music. To inspire them that they can do anything! To have a song I’ve written connect to someone in a way that I could not even imagine is incredible. Example being my song “Fighter” was written when I was just having a bad day. Essentially to pump myself back up to never give up on my dreams but I have had so many fans come up to me following shows saying how much that song means to them. One girl had cancer and told me how she plays that song while she’s in the hospital going through chemo treatments. I have had a young mother come up and tell me how her 4 year old daughter is in the hospital and my music really touched her because days back and forth to the hospital can get really hard. Moments like that really mean the world to me...to be able to lift someone up for 3 minutes when they are going through a hard time just through my music.
4. What is your most memorable moment while being an artist?
- To be able to say I opened up for Shenandoah or Joe Nichols is pretty incredible and they were very memorable. I’d have to say tho a moment I will always remember was when I sang at a festival for 99.9 WFRE and it was pouring down rain but people still stood in the rain,drenched, singing along to my songs knowing every lyric! That was a pretty surreal moment.
5. What is the biggest artist you’ve worked with?
- While I have opened up for some big names artists (Shenandoah, Joe Nichols, Jordan Rager, Jordan Davis, Dylan Scott, Colt Ford, Sawyer Brown, Diamond Rio, Jacob Davis, Parmalee, Trace Adkins, Kalie Shorr and Brandon Ray) I have worked with so many incredible people behind the scenes too! With amazing songwriters like Kirsti Manna, Craig Wilson, Ryan Weaver and Ryan Sorestad. Check out new Davon's single Radio's On: https://open.spotify.com/album/2ni5U6Gp7UTOf5mxaHfv9V