Today we are sharing an interview with dj 40 watt from Hicksville, Long Island. He started producing and djing 3 years ago and already has an ep, 5 singles and thousands of streams on multiple streaming platforms.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- My friend is a dj and asked me to do a party with him. So I said yes, did the party, had no clue what I was doing. I really fell in love with it and kept djing. Everyone was expecting me to suck, and here we are.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Djing and production really didn’t click for me before I heard Alison Wonderland. There’s just something about the vibe she gives off that is just awesome. Also music in movies, I base a lot of my melodies off melodies I liked in movies. I also love marshmellos bass lines and drums.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- My song “2000” is actually written about the y2k phenomenon in 1999. People tend to think it’s about aliens, I don’t know why.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- It’s mind blowing how positive it’s been, I’d attribute that to it sounds so much different than any of the other electronic music being put out today. Ya know everyone likes to follow a mold that works for everyone else and I want to make my own mold.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- Songwriting, easily. Simply because I enjoy the process of creating more than the shorter process of putting a set together.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Germany during Octoberfest. I don’t think I need to explain why.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- Thank you, just knowing I piss people off field me to keep doing what I’m doing.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- Yeah, I would like to tell them a new album is coming October 11th, it’s going to be called Exorcism. So you don’t have to wait much longer for new music, and thank you for listening.