Today we are sharing an interview with Gerald LeBlanc, formerly known as Young G: rapper, producer, entrepreneur from Lynn Massachusetts.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I started my career at a very young age: I was 12 and I did it as a way to stay out of trouble and since then I been wanting to pursue music and make a living out of it.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- I have so many, my inspirations growing up were 2pac, Biggie ,50 Cent, Eminem, Big Pun, Max B, Stack Bundles, Lil Boosie, UGK, Rick Ross, Easy E, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Tha Jacka and I grew up listening to a lot of R&B. So I grew up listening to Bobby Brown, New Edition, Bell Biv Devoe, Neyo, Trey Songz, and I have so many new artists that inspire me as well!
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- Yes, I have some very interesting facts: one is that I have a very diverse style. I can both sing and rap and I can make a song on any type of beat: for example I can make a trap song and next thing you know I'm making a dancehall or R&B track. Another interesting fact is that I've been making music and pursuing music for over 10 years. I recorded my first song back in 2005 when I was just 12 years old I recorded a remix to Chris Brown's Song called Yo ( Excuse Me Miss) and I put it on to one of my mix cds and since that day I knew that i wanted to make music for a living.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- Honestly I've received a mixture of opinions: most people like my music and can relate to it and they show a lot of love and support which I'm extremely grateful for, and a couple of people have said that they didn't like my music but every is entitled to there own opinion so i don't take it too personal.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I like performing more! The reason why I like performing more is because I get to interract with the people and see there reactions and get hyped up with my fans and have a good time and give them a performance that they won't forget!
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- I toured most of the United States so basically I would like to tour every country in the world! I'm ready to see the whole world and show them music and tell my story!
7. How do you deal with haters?
- Honestly, haters don't bother me. If you don't have haters you are not doing something right. I love the hate and I embrace the love! Without haters I wouldn't have the motivation and determination to show them that I am somebody and that I am doing everything that they said I couldn't do and it's an amazing feeling.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I would like to tell my fans that new music is on the way and that the video for my new single Desert Eagle is coming soon, and that I will be coming to a city near you! And most importantly thank you for all your love and support because without you I wouldn't be who I am and where I am today. If you would like to follow me and know more about me, my social media links are