Today we are sharing an interview with Grant Smith: 20 years old musician from Oklahoma.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I really got into music when I was five or six and started playing piano, but I didn’t start making money until around twelve, when I would busk with a trumpet on main street in Grove, Oklahoma.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- I’m a huge fan of those musicians who worked hard and gave it their all. People like Ed Sheeran who gave up everything to do music, it’s awe inspiring.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- Funny enough, my songs Crooked and Broken Eyes came about after I had accidently stepped on and broke my glasses, and literally had crooked eyes for a month.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- I’ve had a lot of positive reviews online and from fans. Some are more interested in my poppy releases, while some like the down to earth, chill songs like you’d find on the Empty Words album.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- Definitely performing. There’s nothing that even gets close.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- I want to hit up the UK as soon as possible, hopefully in the summer of 2020.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- I just keep writing, maybe put them in a song.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I always want to let the fans know that I’m incredibly grateful for everything they’ve done for me and all of their support.