Today we are sharing an interview with JSYmusic: a charismatic singer and songwriter managed to combine stunning melodies with infectious grooves and great beats, in order to create a catchy, yet direct and edgy sound.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I've been doing music my whole life. From writing songs to singing in the church choir at such a young age. I started getting really serious with my music when I turned 18. I started performing in all the local clubs and opening for big artists.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- My dad would have been the first guy who got me playing guitar and helping me learn some songs. From there, I would start writing my own songs and coming up with my own melodies. As I got more into R&B and hiphop I started enjoying Drake, Tory Lanez, and Bruno Mars.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- Some cool facts is that I love all styles of music. So don't be surprised if you see me bounce around from rock, pop, hiphop, r&b, ballads and even Filipino music.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- ANR Factory - Leading A&R Music Industry Blog: "Slow, late night R&B grooves built from skittering beats and swirling electronica, half spoken, half sung intimate lyrics and space and atmospherics adding a whole slice of mystery and anticipation."
Exquisite Noise Records: "This is a really smooth pop song bridging the gap between that genre and the world of modern r & b, with maybe a little bit of a 90s sound thrown in as well. Your vocals are incredibly sharp, and the melodies instantly memorable."
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I definitely love the songwriting more even though I do love the energy a crowd brings. The feeling is like no other in a crowd but I enjoy the process of creating way too much. Nothing makes me happier than being in the studio and creating with one of my producers, or sitting at home thinking up a new song.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- I definitely want to travel the world and perform everywhere. If I had to narrow it to one I would choose the Philippines. I am a proud Filipino and would love to perform for my people.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- I just stay in my own lane. I don't think I ever worry about what people are saying about me . I'm just gonna try my best and as long as the ones who matter to me are around, I'm good.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate all the people who have been around for my movement. I love you guys and will continue to try my best for you.
Check out his musiс on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/6dn70dFjtgamVSBGUl93cI?si=kyJwZp8vTOK8GKp0f95eYQ