Today we are sharing an interview with Kiran Biswa: Queenslander Australia, was born in a small Himalayan Kingdom, Bhutan, who fled the country and lived in a refugee camp for 19 years. Recently he has come up with a Unique Rock World Fusion – O WARRIORS! The music is a cultural fusion of sounds from the Himalayas to the Australian Outback with the modern heavy rock flavours.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- Music was in my blood, music was in my heart. And it was the music that made me resilient and keep moving forward with the life with positive energy in the adverse situation of a refugee camp in Nepal for 19 years. This is how I started my journey into music.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- My grand dad is my hero who inspired me to appreciate cultural folk instruments. Resettling in Australia gave me an opportunity to hear the legendary internationally recognized Australian band Yathu Yindi and appreciate one's culture and the beauty of collaboration. Dr. Gurrumul and Dr. Hudson, Australian indigenous musicians and singers inspired me to appreciate one's language and ethnic sounds. Fortunately, I had Dr. Hudson (internationally renowned musician) contribute his amazing, spiritual Didgeridoo in my music O Warriors!
3. Our readers would like to know more about your new music. Any interesting facts?
- My new Rock World Fusion, O Warriors!, is a very unique in style, texture, rhythm and melody. It is the fusion of cultures from the Himalayas to the Western World where the ancients instruments such as bamboo flute from Nepal meets ancient Australian Didgeridoo and Boomerangs with Chinese Tam Tam and Tibetan Tingsa harmonically lifted by the mix modern heavy progressive rock and Bollywood rhythm. This music will give listeners an opportunity to appreciate unity in diversity.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- People who had an opportunity to listen O Warriors have really showed their appreciation and loved its uniqueness in presenting cultures through music. Some of them said,"It was very challenging at first but was warm and soothing and beautiful combination". Some questioned me about using multilanguage lyrics but were very pleased when I said, "my music is for your hearts and hearts do not understand languages, it understands only the feelings and my music has the feeling that touches your heart".
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I would love to do both songwriting and performing and spread the message of resilience, peace and happiness and self motivation through my music to the world.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- My dream is to tour the World and share how I have learnt to smile on my adversities and follow my dream. I would really like to spread the message of individual strength as human beings and the beauty of diversity.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- Love and hate go together. If there is no hate you do not value love. For me, haters are my energy to keep me loving other.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- My music is very different. It will take you to the world of beautiful ethnic sounds and heal your hearts. Please listen it once and you will listen it twice. Thank you.