Today we are sharing an interview with Onika Rollins, stage named Onirose, who bloomed in sunny Guyana before making Barbados and Germany her home. Onirose is an anagram which combine her first and last name. The alias, like her heritage, is a mesh of significance.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I wanted to make my mother a tribute on Mother's day because i felt she could hear me if I were to sing for her. It was my first time really getting into a studio. I had always dreamed of making music and travelling the world and those dreams which had been cast into oblivion came speedily back to life the moment I heard my voice on the speakers. The encouragement which I received also propelled me to get serious about it. And now here I am!
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Almost every true Artiste, really. Simply because there's a genuine message, meaning when one decides to put all of their emotions and truth into song. I am almost always inspired by that.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your new music and why you haven't released since 2016. Any interesting facts?
- I appreciate it that you've asked that question. I am bursting with excitement because of my growth during the unavoidable break the past year. I was crushed that it came right at the time I was experiencing my breakthrough but I was never was worried that I wouldn't be able to get right back up and start over. My new music is expected to be released in October of 2018. It's my best so far, in my opinion, but I most certainly will grow even better. An interesting fact? I know I can and I will see to it that I do make this dream of performing around the world come through.
4. What opinions have you received about your music?
- I am most concerned about what persons think of my new music (which is yet to be released to the public) those who have heard it; mostly members of management are quite pleased with it and it is A and R approved. I'm thrilled.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- Both I'd say. I have a more genuine connection when I am a part of the songwriting process. However, the feelings which are felt during a live performance can be easily equated with love making or any other feeling such as that.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Since i've never been to Russia and already have a ton of Russian friends and some followers, it's on my list as well as every other country on this little earth. I'm not snobby about where I get to perform, so any country will do.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- The fact that this is a topic that is often asked in interviews baffles me... Although those people who fall into the category "haters" are just as relevant as true. Follow Onirose: http://onirosemusic.com/ https://www.instagram.com/onirose/ https://twitter.com/itsonirose