Today we are sharing an interview with P-Dub of GME: artist from East Oakland California. He is co-founder & CEO of Global Mafia ENT LLC which was an idea he spawned around 2006 with his business partner & friend Mr. Ambition aka NuNu.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- Well, I started my music career many many moons ago. But it didn't pop in the 90s because I was back & forth in juvenile detention centers (California Youth Authority) nearly all of my teenage years. And when I was like 20 years old in 2000 I got a little buzz in my City but I came to prison for manslaughter in 2001. Since then I wrote daily until technology caught up with my vision to launch my career independently from INSIDE these prison walls. So unofficially I guess my career started with my 1st streamed Release from prison in 2014. But I've been writing & focused on entertainment since I was a kid. Poetry,music,plans to innovate a cookie cutter music genre...I been on this mission for a lifetime.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- My musical inspirations are my brother Gsta, ALL OF HIP HOP & Erykah Badu. I also look to be a musical inspiration.. listen to what I be sayin'. I'm different because I'm authentic.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- A very interesting fact about my music is how I'm able to push a record label from a cage & that I've been incarcerated for 18 years. What's more interesting than that. High quality music. Not just rap either & not just me. See this is why I wanna spotlight my entire roster from your platform... because I'm truly underground & indie & I really only want the hush hush love of the underground. I don't need 12 all in my biz. Feel me? Global Mafia ENT LLC is a whole backstory & life story that you can tap in to through the music. I got some dope artists & not just on all gangsta shit- We all on real shit in all genres
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- Overall my feedback on my music has been warm & mostly I feel love. I got support. Ain't nobody told me to hang it up. Ha! I did go viral on Worldstar for a tray recently & felt the wrath of true internet trolls. Ha! But I don't respond to suckas so fuck hatred.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I'd rather primarily songwrite. Because I'm great @ arranging songs for other people. Plus I have so much written material...been scribing from the dungeon daily nearly 2 decades.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Europe... Really there's nowhere I wouldn't wanna go. I ain't left many footprints on this Earth...I'm tryna travel everywhere. That's why it's Global Mafia ENT...cuz we really push this Global movement. We want love & affiliates all over the Globe.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- I don't deal with haters because anybody that's hatin on me must be doing it from afar because a sucka never wants to face who he's hatin on. So I don't deal wit haters hardly ever. Plus the opinion of another is theirs to express,but I'll never allow someone else's opinion to become my reality if it's hatred.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I'd tell my fans to rock wit me because this is only the intro phase to Global Mafia ENT. I'm nearly freed from this tomb & I got major movements on the horizon. I got 30+ songs streaming everywhere including 4 EPs from various artists with more bangers on deck. I got 1 of the hottest producers y'all ain't truly got a dose of yet. His name is Itzvp & he laces all GLOBAL MAFIA Music coming from P-Dub. Rock wit us if you want the real raw & uncut. Fuck wit me & be a part of something. Join this #freepdub movement.
Check out his music and "Fuck It " promo video: https://youtu.be/8pxZHEjcikc