Sofia Evangelina is a budding pop singer- songwriter from Canada. With an abundance of confidence, astonishing natural talent and a ‘powerhouse’ voice, Sofia exceeds all expectations of such a young artist.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- My whole life I knew what I wanted out of my life. I have been a performer since I can remember! From being a little fashionista, actress, dancer and a free spirited girl “paralyzed by music” I heard all around me. Clearly performing was my element. I was singing on and off due to my another passion for extreme sports, freestyle skiing. For years I tried to combine singing with my pro athlete career, until such a time when it was no longer possible, either required a full time commitment. With my first album recently released and with a few singles lined up, my singing career is going full throttle.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Since a very young age, I was called mini-Christina, for Christina Aguilera who at the time, has been a major vocal and character inspiration. But as I grew my influences expanded to old-days divas: Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Nina Simone, Whitney Houston and I adore Beyonce, Mariah Carrey, to name a few.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- My first cover album “Butterfly” has been released this past August, with multiple cover music videos available on YouTube! Most excitingly is the release of my three original singles, with the first of three, “This is Your Song” hitting all major streams worldwide on Nov 16th, and it’s music video following shortly after. Two others singles, “Silly Boy” and “Butterfly”are to follow! You are the first to know.
4. What opinions have you received about your music?
- We’ve received some amazing reviews so far, which is encouraging, people seem to connect with my music and I can’t wait to see what comes next!
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I love them both, each for different reasons. Songwriting compels me to tell many stories and singing comes from my soul. However I, Sofia, was born to perform! That is my habitat, my element, where I come most alive!
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- OMG! What a question for someone like myself who is the world traveller! Can I say every single one?! Haha! I can’t wait to tour the world and connect with my amazing future fans all around the world, tapping into their unique social and musical cultures. If I had to pick my absolute top 3 countries (outside of the US) it would be: Japan, Russia and ooh! Every one within Europe and South America… And China!