Today we are sharing an interview with Todd Barrow: born and raised in Texas country artist enjoying the simple life. Music is not just words but a story for him and he does his best to portray that with every line.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I began at an early age performing music in various venues. A lot of talent shows and competitions. Fast forward met my close friend Sonny Burgess who works with Charley Pride. We started writing country songs and performing live concerts together!!!
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Willie Nelson, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and George Strait
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- My music is a mix of traditional and new country. Bringing a fresh sound in today's country music. Thrilled to have recorded with musicians from Miranda Lambert's band on my track, "Guadalupe River."
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- Opinions vary about my music. A lot of country fans want only the new Nashville sound rather than the Texas country sound. I'm trying to bridge the gap between the two. Mainly the feedback is that I need to keep going supporting my goals in the music industry!
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- I enjoy writing and performing but songwriting is such an amazing accomplishment. The ability to influence a person's life with a story. A way of adding something special that gives them a lift.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- UK, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Canada, the Netherlands and Australia
7. How do you deal with haters?
- I try to understand their point of view. I learn from their feedback on how to improve on my musical skills. Hey at least their listening!
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- Keep believing in me and my work. Please know I'm going to give them my best. Thanks for the support and following me on my social media.