Today we are sharing an interview with hip-hop artist Vernon Little, who has been writing, recording, and performing since the mid-1980's. He started out with a group (Def Duo), then went solo in 1989.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
– I was in a group called Def Duo. The DJ (Joe Stick) had a friend who had a co-worker that was interested in recording and managing a rap act. We started recording together back in 1986. I went solo around 1989. I finally got to release an album A New Beginning in 2011. My current EP Double Minded was released this year (2018).
2. Who are your music inspirations?
– LL Cool J, Eric B. & Rakim, Nas, Mary Mary, Lecrae, etc.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your song The Chance To Tell You. Any interesting facts?
– The Chance To Tell You is about waiting for years to get a platform to share my story, opinions, beliefs, etc. I believe many in society are looking for a platform to express themselves.. Social media is a good tool for this.
4. What opinions have you recieved about the single?
– People like the good vibes, inspiration, old-school sound, etc.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
– England, Canada, Cameroon.
7. How do you deal with haters?
– With love. I might try to find out the reason also, and see if I can change that negative to a positive.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
– Thank you for your interest and support. I appreciate you.