Today we are sharing an interview with Whiteout: a 26 year old musician/producer living in Denver Colorado. His ability to create catchy hooks and melodies is what makes him one of the more interesting figures in the underground music industry right now.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- I started my music career when I was about 13 by making beats in my bedroom. I always rapped and wrote poetry, but I never had the equipment to put music together. Recently, I was able to get a studio set up in my basement. I took the lyrics I wrote and started singing to myself over and over again in my basement until I was able to capture the sound I was looking for.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Tupac, Lil Peep, and Dave East.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- I won't ever talk about something I'm not about. All of my music will be authentic. Also, it's something many people can relate to. I'm using music as a tool to express my feelings, and hopefully spark some interest in others who may be going through similar shit.
4. What opinions have you received about your music?
- I've gotten nothing but positive feedback. I feel truly blessed for that.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- Songwriting for now, until I get my music to where I want it to be.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Singapore and Bali! I have a China tour coming up soon.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- Fuck 'em.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- I really appreciate every single fan. I encourage everyone to reach out to me if you have any questions you'd like to ask, or any issues that you're facing that you'd like me to sing about. Everyone means something to me, and I wouldn't be anywhere in music if it weren't for them.