Today we are sharing an interview with Zion Antoni: grassroots indie artist and producer from the Bronx NY.
1. First of all, tell us about how did you start your music career?
- It started very early in youth being exposed to many musical influences and life. I began to take it professionally serious about 2002.
2. Who are your music inspirations?
- Marley, Cooke, Shakur and the like in essence. There are countless others in literary and musical form but you develop your and brand through time.
3. Our readers would like to know more about your music. Any interesting facts?
- In markets that have heard me, I'm also an author/publisher. And work in different genres, like dub reggae, jungle and bilingual. The music tells its own story.
4. What opinions have you recieved about your music?
- For the record: insightful, deep, soulful, sometimes crytic in delivery. Throwback with an antique appeal. From experience and life most understand it's real.
5. What do you like to do more: songwriting or performing?
- It's real for both. Performing is communication to me, so is writing/communicating in song.
6. Which countries do you want to visit with tour?
- Eastern Europe, parts of Africa, even Canada. I've been to Italy, it's real, it's good to connect to the soul of different cultures.
7. How do you deal with haters?
- I see it like everybody is entitled to opinion. That's respect. I know myself and what I do. The other hand hate is an issue. I deal with it accordingly.
8. What would you tell to your fans?
- Those who eat I appreciate it. My work is always from life experience and insight sometimes abstract or raw. Always real. I hope to inspire the truth in people.